Thursday, October 8, 2009

Cheetos

Yes, this post is titled Cheetos! So first of all, I hate Cheetos...I think they are disgusting! Anyway, I was watching this interview with Jillian Michaels on nutrition, and she said something that made me laugh. It was in regards to a question from a viewer who was wondering what they can do to help their children not become obese! She basically said that you can do A LOT!!! She of course said that we have to make sure we are being good examples by eating right and exercising...and having an overall healthy lifestyle! Then she said, "Feed your children healthy foods! Feed them stuff that is actually FOOD...not this partially hydrogenated crap...or high fructose crap, or stuff with red dye #40 or whatever, feed them actual food. Cheetos...not food! It didn't grow in the ground and it doesn't have a mother!...so don't give it to them!" hahaha!

I was laughing at that! So it just made me want to do better when it comes to feeding my kids. I feel like we do pretty good actually. But we can always do better! So that's what I'm focusing on more this week!...(and for the next 18+ years)

No comments:

Post a Comment