Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Balance

One thing I've learned in my life is that there has to be a balance in everything. It's something I struggle with a lot!!!! For instance, kids! I could play with my kids all day, but have a disaster of a house! OR, I could clean all day and not play with my kids, and have a beautiful house and neglected kids! So...balance! One thing I need in my life is structure...without it I am a basket case! So I am working hard at finding a balance with every aspect of my life.

I need to feed myself and my family. I need to work out for at LEAST 45 minutes every day. I need to read my scriptures, say my prayers, clean my house, do laundry, clip coupons, make budgets, organize, run Gwen to and from school, work on my calling, have some down time to blog...or whatever on the computer, etc etc etc! It can get overwhelming, and too often things get left until the next day! I've just had to let a few things go! If my house isn't 100% spotless when I go to bed, I can't freak out! My top priorities are the Gospel, my family, and myself! I need to be there for my family and I need to make sure I am working out every day to stay fit, and I can't neglect my spiritual nourishment that I need every day!

So all I'm saying is that I'm trying! I'm not perfect, but it's going pretty well so far. I've gotten up three days in a row to workout before my kids get up, and it really does start my day out great! This morning after I worked out I had some time before I had to wake up the kids, so I got down on my knees and thanked Heavenly Father for blessing me with health! I'm sure there are many people out there who wish they could see, walk, talk, run, jump, etc! I will never take those things for granted!

Okay, enough rambling out of me! Balance people...tell me what you do to find balance in your life! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment