Wednesday, September 9, 2009

My Achin' back

So some of you heard my story about my back, but I will just sum it up! When Noah was 4 months old I took him (plus his car seat) out of the car and my back started hurting. Then progressively throughout the day it started hurting worse! It got to the point where I literally could not move, it was so painful! I was sobbing! I called my mom and she ended up staying for two days to help me out. Turns out it was a disk in my back that was...well, hard to say exactly but it was either herniated or inflammed! Either way, ouch! So after a few weeks, my back finally felt better! And since then I've been working out most every day and having no problems. Then the other day (on Gwen's birthday) I was moving couches around and lifting heavy things, and I re-injured it again! BLAH! So there have been many nights where I've been in tears because one...it hurts! And two, I have it in me to work out every single day...but yet, I keep getting set back because of my back! It's very frustrating!

Anyway, so John (my Dr. John) has instructed me to just go do the Olyptical machine over at the clubhouse, followed by lots of crunches. The more I strengthen my core, the better off my back will be! So I'm trying to follow doctor's orders and do just that! Anyway, so Monday and Tuesday of this week I haven't worked out at all...which I've hated! Tonight I have mutual, followed by cutting John's hair! So it's not going to happen today unfortunately! But I will find time for lots of crunches in-between feeding children and cleaning house!

My hope is to get up early tomorrow morning and do Jillian. It might be all I can do tomorrow, but it's better than nothing!

5 comments:

  1. i hate those setbacks! it's so discouraging, because you're all gung-ho to work out and you can't! so sorry! hope it gets better soon. can't wait to see your progress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you!!! Where are the before pics?? You are brave woman to allow all of us (any of us!) to look at your pics:) I want to see that tummy and those arms...

    You know that I am a big fan of working out, teaching aerobics, etc. Anything I can do to help motivate you...let me know! I think it's great that you are being so public, b/c that way you are accountable to all of us, right?

    How much do you weigh? Have you taken your body fat yet? Inches? Those are important to know your progress.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will be posting all my stats plus a picture on Friday! And unfortunately I never took a picture of myself right after I had Noah, but oh well! So yes, every Friday expect my stats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for inspiring me to be more on my game. I think watching your progress will motivate me to be more accountable as well.

    Hope your back feels better soon. Injuries are the worst!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been a long time lover of Turbo Jam, and I just started Chalene Extreme and I love it!!!! I lost 3 pounds the first week. Not that you need to lose any more weight you are tiny!!!

    ReplyDelete