Thursday, September 10, 2009

Support

Well I woke up this morning with an achin' back so I wasn't able to work out! I could barely walk, let alone work out! SO...I got hooked up to the DRX (Decompression Unit) today at John's work and I feel a lot better! I am going to do the Olyptical Machine tonight for 20 minutes and then I will attempt to jog on the treadmill for 20 minutes. I am treading (ha! no pun intended) carefully when it comes to running because of my back, but I will just see how I feel while I am doing it. I don't want to push myself. If it is hurting, then I will follow up with at least 100 crunches! (Dr.'s orders, 100 crunches a day) for my back!

Anyway, so two thoughts for today:

1. John asked me why I wanted everyone to see my progress as I lose weight. He thought it was kind of a personal thing. Good question! I just want to be a part of a support group! I KNOW that I'm going to do well, but it's always better to have people cheering you on along the way! Right? And not only that, I hope to inspire others too! The thing is....nobody can force you to lose weight. Nobody can force you to exercise or eat right. It is a choice made only by yourself! So I could do all this on my own without the help of anyone, but I think we can all be in this together. Even though we're all making our own personal choices in regards to our health, let's together try to support each other and get healthy!!!

2. My second thought is...I am excited for this step in my life. It is very likely that we are done having kids, and I can really focus on my body! I am ready for tight abs, non-flabby arms, and an overall muscular body! I don't want to be a body-builder, but I want definition! This will happen! I am not a big person and I'm not looking to lose a lot of weight! I do, however want to define and tone my body! Tomorrow you'll get my stats and a picture. And you'll also get my goals!

1 comment:

  1. I am glad you invited me to your blog. I have been thinking of you a lot lately especially in the morning when I do my workout. I tell myself I HAVE to do it because Amy is doing this too. You have great goals I should write down my goals too. Thanks for your inspiration!! Keep up the great work :)

    ReplyDelete